Chromebooks are coming, Chromebooks are coming!
As we've discussed, we've got plenty of time before we have to fully convert to Chromebook usage.
In the meantime, it's a good idea to start moving documents to Google Drive and to stop creating them in Pages.
If you're a Pages user, fear not! Once you get used to Google Drive, I think you'll be quite happy.
To upload your Pages documents to Drive:
- Open your document in Pages
- Click on File -> Export to -> Word
- Save the new Word document on your desktop
- Open Google Drive
- Click on New -> File Upload
- Select your Word file that you just created and click "open"
- From your list of docs, click on the one that you just uploaded
- When you click on it, you'll see a "view only" version; click on "Open with" -> Google Docs
- The new file that opens will be one that you can edit.
If one of the things you love about Pages is the templates, there are lots of templates available for Google Docs. Take a peek at:
- Google Docs Template Gallery
- 10 Excellent Google Docs Templates for Teachers
- Google Docs Templates via Pinterest